Kerala Covid-19 Tracker
3,215 new cases & 2,532 recoveries today, total 31,156 patients under treatment
Total recoveries cross 80,000 mark
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 15: Covid-19 was confirmed in 3,215 persons in Kerala today while 2,532 patients have recovered from the disease as per the Chief Minister, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan. 3,013 people were infected through contact and the source of infection of 313 was unknown. 43 of those diagnosed today have come back from foreign countries and 70 from other states. 89 healthcare workers were also infected by Coronavirus.
12 deaths were reported today. Muhammed Ali Haji (87), Paulson (53) & Chandran Nair (79) from Thrissur district, Madhavan (63) from Malappuram district; Leela (60), Harindran (67), Shahunathumma (64), Narayana Pillai (89) & Stanley (54) from Thiruvananthapuram district, Raveendran (69) from Kozhikode district, Ismail (55) from Ernakulam district and Khalid (55) from Palakkad district are the deceased. This takes the Covid related death toll in the State to 466.
The numbers of new active cases from the districts are Thiruvananthapuram 656, Malappuram 348, Alappuzha 338, Kozhikode 260, Ernakulam 239, Kollam 234, Kannur 213, Kottayam 192, Thrissur 188, Kasargod 172, Pathanamthitta 146, Palakkad 136, Wayanad 64 and Idukki 29.
The district-wise details of the locally transmitted cases are Thiruvananthapuram 626, Alappuzha 327, Malappuram 324, Kozhikode 256, Kollam and Ernakulam 229 each, Kottayam 189, Thrissur 180, Kasaragod 168, Kannur 165, Palakkad 132, Pathanamthitta 99, Wayanad 62 and Idukki 27.
The district-wise figures for the infected 89 healthcare workers are Kannur 31, Thiruvananthapuram 23, Malappuram 8, Ernakulam 7, Pathanamthitta 6, Thrissur 5, Kasaragod 4, Palakkad 3 and Alappuzha & Wayanad one each.
The count of patients who tested negative today, district-wise are Thiruvananthapuram 268, Kollam 151, Pathanamthitta 122, Alappuzha 234, Kottayam 138, Idukki 43, Ernakulam 209, Thrissur 120, Palakkad 120, Malappuram 303, Kozhikode 306, Wayanad 32, Kannur 228 and Kasargod 258.
At present, 31,156 Covid patients are undergoing treatment in the State while a total of 82,345 persons have so far been cured.
Overall, there are 2,08,141 people under observation in various districts of the state, 1,85,514 under home & institutional quarantine and 22,627 in hospitals. 2,324 persons were hospitalised today.
41,054 samples were analysed during the last 24 hours. So far, a total of 21,98,858 samples have been sent for testing, including 1,90,612 samples from high exposure groups as part of Sentinel Surveillance.
There are 10 new hotspots even as 10 places were excluded from the list. At this time, there are 617 hotspots in Kerala.
Covid situation in the State very much under control: Kerala CM
Kerala Chief Minister, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan has reiterated that the Covid-19 situation in the State was very much under control despite the rising number of cases. It may be recalled that the State has seen a spike in the number of new active cases during the last month.
Briefing the media, the Chief Minister said, “It is because our vigilance and the effective preventive measures from the beginning that we have been able to control the spread of disease and death in a better way in our State as compared to the overall situation in the world. Kerala has seen only 13 deaths per million (10 lakhs) as against the national figure of 58. Our neighbouring states have much higher figures (Tamil Nadu – 117 & Karnataka – 120. If the rate of spread of the disease exceeds what the treatment system can accommodate, the death toll will increase and we must make all efforts to stop that. But it looks like people are less cautious now. Today itself, 5,901 incidents of not wearing masks were reported.” He cautioned the people not to fall for any false propaganda.
The CM also added that there is a concerted effort by the opposition to derail the efforts of the government in containing the outbreak of the pandemic.
Rs 39 crores financial assistance distributed to 78,000 returned NRIs
Chief Minister, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan today announced that an amount of Rs 39 crores have been disbursed through NORKA to 78,000 expatriates who lost their jobs and returned to Kerala.
So far 10,05,211 people have returned to Kerala. Of these, 62.16% (6,24,826) were domestic travellers and the rest 3,80,385 (37.84%) were international travellers. The highest number of 1,91,332 international travellers came from the UAE accounting for 50.29% of the total international passengers. This was followed by 59,329 from Saudi Arabia and 37,078 from Qatar.
About 59.67% of domestic travellers came to Kerala from the Red Zone districts in different parts of the country. The highest number of 1,83,034 domestic passengers came from Karnataka followed by 1,67,881 from Tamil Nadu and 71,690 from Maharashtra.